Wednesday, November 29, 2017

26A – Celebrating Failure

My biggest failure this semester was having to drop my engineering statistics course. I knew the class would be difficult going in but it was much harder than I anticipated. It started out easy enough because I took and passed AP statistics in high school. However by the end of the first exam we moved on to materials I was not familiar with. The graduate student instructor was terrible at explaining things and extremely boring. We often compared him to Ross from Friends. I tried to study by myself but failed miserably due to a difficult to understand book. I think failure is a lesson. I think if I had dedicated more time to the class and watching videos like khan academy I could have succeeded. Im upset with myself about that. If you try your absolute hardest then it is no big deal.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, i’m sorry to hear about that. Actually I do want to drop all my courses now, but i couldn’t haha. I have similar experience as you when I was in community college. I took calculus during the highschool years in Korea. However, I had to take calculus courses again in US college. Everything goes well on very first month, i remembered most of the definitions and did well on quiz. However, i get inattention to the classes and got terrible grades on next quiz. I started great but get failed and finally dropped the courses. I hope i can get back to that moment still.

    ReplyDelete