Thursday, October 26, 2017

18A – Create a Customer Avatar

My customer is an American or Western European tourist. Probably between the ages of 20-60. If they are on the upper end of this range, they don't feel old. If you asked them they'd say their a "cool old person". Since they can afford to be traveling I believe they are at least middle class. For Americans probably upper middle class since going to Europe is expensive. They are technically friendly, meaning they don't get intimidated by technology, the younger someones age the better for this often.

They enjoy reading and enjoy reading history and historical fiction. They may or may not have children. If they do have children they are not young but rather teenagers or adults. Since they are interested in history enough to pay for an enhanced view of these sites they must have an interest in history. Its a very intellectual experience your paying for so I believe that the person would probably be well educated. They are probably socially liberal, do to a willingness to try new things.

I believe I am very similar to my customer avatar and for good reason. I thought about using VR and AR to enhance travel while I was standing in the colosseum. I was standing there thinking of how cool it would be to see it in its former glory. In that moment I absolutely would have purchased a VR or AR headset so I could get a better feeling of the place.

I feel that this might not actually be my most ideal customer in reality. Maybe the asian tourist market would be more friendly to the idea. However this is impossible to know without proper market research.

3 comments:

  1. I think your customer avatar is right on track. I would say people who travel are in their 20's, college age, or over 50 with adult kids. Young college age people usually travel thinking "I won't be able to travel when I get older and start a family" and older people who travel think "I didn't get to travel when I was younger and now my kids are older and out of the house". Good job in giving detail on these people's lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see the type of person you described being one of your main customers. It was interesting that you said that they would most likely be liberal. I do not know why it makes sense for most of them to be, but it somehow does. I also agree that they would have children that are not young because if they are interested in traveling or this kind of product I think that they would probably have kids that do not need as much monitoring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I think your customer avatar post are definitely one of the greatest post in our group, you mentioned really well about the ideal customer of your business. I like the thing you mentioned about similarities of you and customer, I thought that it would be hard to match you and your customer, according to your description. Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete